By Art Gillis
I am pleased to offer banktech.com/blog readers my 11 picks, along with the following explanations:
- I'd have to retrieve the work papers for the 300 client assignments in order to provide the reasons each winner scored the strongest relative to the criteria that were most important at each bank. That's not a task I want to spend months on right now.
- The 11 picks were winners the day I delivered my recommendations and they are still proving it today at those banks, unless of course, the bank was acquired.
- Some of the 11 were recommended more than once.
- I don't think I ever had a client that wanted a politically correct answer. They wanted recommendations that were backed by substance. Several bankers had their own choices before the official selection process occurred that they had to give up. They all understood why. Emotional reasons are never good reasons when making technology decisions.
That's enough consultant hedging. Here are the picks in no particular order:
- ITI Premier in-house and outsource
- Jack Henry CIF 20/20 in-house
- Metavante IBS outsource
- Computer Services, Inc. homegrown system outsource
- Precision Computer Systems BAIS in-house
- Metavante Bankway in-house
- Jack Henry SilverLake in-house
- Fiserv CBS in-house
- Harland Financial Solutions SPARAK in-house
- Fiserv SourceOne outsource
- Fidelity Systematics outsource