Bank of America, Charlotte, N.C., has formed a venture to build an online platform for trade credit financing.
- First Union, Charlotte, N.C., has tapped Global Access.pro from Fundtech, Jersey City, N.J., to provide a single Web-based platform for corporate customers.
- KeyCorp, Cleveland, has selected ATM Corp. of America, Pittsburgh, to provide consulting and technology for KeyCorp's new mortgage settlement services company, SecoLink Settlement Services.
- Motorola Employees Credit Union-West, Scottsdale, Ariz., has deployed AXIS Wireless Banking from Digital Insight, Calabasas, Calif.
- Credit Union Central of British Columbia has licensed EyeD Hamster, a fingerprint scanning device from SecuGen Canada, Markham, Ont., to authenticate users of its Central Security Portal.
- The Community's Bank, Bridgeport, Conn., has chosen Fiserv, Brookfield, Wis., as its data processing services provider.
- Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto, and Sona Innovations, Vancouver, B.C., have introduced wireless banking services for customers with Palm handheld devices.
- Freddie Mac, McLean, Va., has acquired the software assets of Tuttle Decision Systems from HomeAdvisor Technologies, a subsidiary of Microsoft, Redmond, Wash.
- CIBC, Toronto, has hired Financial Models, Toronto, to convert its retail branch platform to a Windows 2000 environment.
- Bank of New York has launched IFX B2B, an FX trade execution service that facilitates cross-border trade.
- Citigroup, New York, has installed payment processing software from BancTec, Dallas, at its credit card centers in New Jersey and Las Vegas.44
- Mellon Financial, Pittsburgh, announced that its Global Cash Management division has achieved Level 2 Capability Maturity Model ranking.
- Lakeland Bancorp, Oak Ridge, N.J., has announced that its Lakeland Bank and National Bank of Sussex County subsidiaries have launched online banking.
- Civic Bank of Commerce, Oakland, Calif., has introduced CommerceDirect, an Internet cash management service.
- American Express, New York, has licensed IMEX, a trade finance solution from Surecomp, Dallas.
- Canaan National Bank, Canaan, Conn., has purchased CheckQuest, a check imaging and item processing system from Mitek, San Diego.
- LaSalle Bank, Chicago, has selected the SunGard Transaction Network from SunGard, King of Prussia, Pa., for mutual fund and equity transactions.